I got inspired to create this page from a post on DEV.to. I like the idea of sharing what’s in my toolbox as a front-end developer. Initially I wanted to share that in a blog post but I guess having it as a dedicated page works better. Feel free to take whatever tools you like. I promise to not charge you anything.
- Visual Studio Code
- Font: FiraCode
- Firefox - Default browser.
- Chrome - Use it mainly for debugging website/app performance and to connect to Chromecast.
- Microsoft Edge - Build-in. Recently got the latest version via Windows Update.
- ScreenToGif - The best app for short screen recordings.
- Toggl - For tracking my time.
- Snip & Sketch - Build-in. It’s perfect for screenshots.
- Microsoft To Do - For keeping endless to-do lists.
- Windows Terminal - For when I need to use the command-line.
- Gimp - If I need to edit an image. Rarely happens.
- XAMPP - For setting up PHP development environment. Don’t ask 🙂
- HeidiSQL - For connecting to an SQL database.
- FileZilla - For uploading files to a server.
- OBS Studio - In case I want to start streaming someday.
- Twitter for Windows - For checking Twitter once in a while.
- Surface Laptop 3 13.5” - Specs: 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, 10th Gen Intel i5, Windows 10 Home.
- Dell 24 USB-C Monitor (P2419HC)
- Google Pixel Phone - Specs: 32 GB Storage, 4 GB RAM, Android 10.
- Wireless Mouse Logitech M310
- TOUCHit - Noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones.
- Sennheiser CX 150
- Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM - Portable Mini Bluetooth speaker. It’s got great sound.
- Time Timer MOD - A phisical 60-minute timer. It’s really fun and simple. Use it sometimes to track my time when I work in intervals. It reminds me to take short breaks between sessions.
I know this one is not related to front-end development but I’m more than just a developer.